I was craving for some serious watermelon today so I though to myself; why not a cocktail with some lemonade.
“Watermelon and lemonade “. What a great combo. Add some lime for that kick !
I wondered if, when sliced, watermelon would form into delicious little ice cubes. It turns out, it does.
All hail the frozen cocktail!
To make this delicious beverage , all you need is just 5 ingredients: Watermelon, limes, sugar, white rum, and lemonade. That’s it!
Simply muddle lime with white rum and sugar. Add the watermelon ice cubes and top it off with
We enjoyed this cocktail alongside some delicious GOAT MEAT SUYA RECIPE and the combination was just outstanding. When our glasses were empty, we were quickly left wanting more. So be prepared to provide plenty of refills when you make for your adoring guests.
Watermelon lemonade drink “Summer cocktail”
- 1 whole watermelon Cut to small seedless sizes
- 2 whole medium lime
- 2 shots Rum barcadi can use any rum of your choice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 litre lemonade
- Slice 3/4 of a seedless watermelon into cubes, reserving one quarter for juice, and place in a bag and freeze for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Slice limes into quarters and squeeze the juice of one fruit into each serving glass, throwing the limes into the glass along with it. (Only use half of a lime instead of 2 medium limes if you prefer a drink that’s not as tart.)
- Add 1 tbsp sugar and one shot (2 Tbsp // 30 ml) of white rum to each serving glass and muddle until well mixed.
- Fill to the brim with watermelon ice cubes, add a healthy splash of watermelon juice (about 1/4 cup), and top off with lemonade
- Stir, garnish with lime wedge, and serve with a straw.
*If your watermelon isn’t frozen, just add in a few actual ice cubes to chill the drink.
*You’ll have enough watermelon ice cubes for at least four drinks.
*Omit the sugar if you prefer a more sour cocktail as lemonade already has sugar
*I highly recommend eating the boozy watermelon cubes as they melt – so tasty! * please omit sugar for any health reason you might have. Follow your own guidelines as drink can still be enjoyed without sugar.